Certificate in Professional Studies
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Studies is a cross-disciplinary certificate program which provides enhancement of administrative abilities. This certificate program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who have started their careers and are seeking professional growth and advancement within their vocations, but do not have formal training in business skills necessary to assume an administrative role. The certificate offers a short, focused program of study giving students more opportunities for administrative roles within organizations (team leaders, department heads, etc.). The 12 hour certificate program builds upon past work experience, and allows participants to expand their knowledge base, abilities, and skills which can lead to new or enhanced administrative roles within organizations.
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by agencies recognized by Missouri State University or equivalent education from a foreign university;
- A Resume;
- All additional University and Graduate College requirements for admission to a certificate program.
Certificate Requirements - 12 credit hours
With the help of the advisor, select a course from 4 of the 8 content areas below.
- Law/Ethics/Regulatory Functions
- Talent Identification/Leadership/Management
- Research Design/Project Development/Data Analysis
- Professional Writing