- A bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by agencies recognized by Missouri State University or equivalent education from a foreign university;
- A GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work;
- Submission of a written statement of goals and interest in the Professional Studies certificate. This written statement will be reviewed to assess the applicant's motivation and commitment to complete the certificate and as evidence of the writing skills necessary to succeed in the program;
- Submission of two letters of recommendation from individuals able to speak to the applicant's academic and/or professional abilities and potential to succeed in the program;
- All additional University and Graduate College requirements for admission to a certificate program.