Learning outcomes for the criminal justice option of the Master of Professional Studies
- Students will be able to read, understand, and balance the budget for the organizations in which they are employed.
- Students will understand and practice appropriate legal/regulatory and ethical issues in the context of the work environment.
- Students will be able to select, train, evaluate, and terminate employees under their supervision.
- Students will design research projects to collect information to assess the effectiveness of current practices, and interpret the results of a statistical analysis of data, and use this to make informed decisions.
- Students will be able to identify and employ effective communication appropriate to the work environment.
- Students will understand, utilize, and adapt to the technologies common in their work environments.
- Students will understand the culture, behavior, diversity and structure of organizations.
- Students will understand the basics processes of grant writing and grant administration.